Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Photo of woman who set husband's manhood ablaze + pic of the man in hospital

Pictured above right is 36 year old Mrs. Bukola
Olusegun Ogidiolu who set her husband ablaze
on Valentine's day at their home in Idolofin area
of Ado Ekiti in Ekiti state after he allegedly
refused to take her out on Val's day. And right is
the man in hospital
When interviewed by Tribune, Bukola denied any
wrong doing. Although her claims do not add up,
Bukola said she and her husband always fought
over their inability to have a child. Continue...
"I don’t know how it happened. We had a
quarrel and he left me and went home. I
went to meet him at home and by the time
I got home, he had destroyed everything in
our room. There were people around who
were telling him to calm down. The petrol
was in our room, placed on top of the
electricity generating set. Later I recall that
he went outside the room and I heard the
fire alarm. I could have prevented the fire
from burning him that much but he was
dragging me to himself but I freed myself
from his grip and ran out. We later took
him to the hospital and I was arrested the
day after by the police. It happened at
about 11:30 pm on Wednesday and I was
arrested the day after. Our quarrel has
always been about our not having a child
together. It has nothing to do with valentine
outing because I’m not a baby that would
be asking to be taken out. We’ve been
married since 2012 and I’ve been taking
drugs so that I could have a child for him.
He smokes but I didn’t see him light a
cigarette on that night. But from the
reports I heard from those who saw him at
the hospital, they said he was holding a
lighter. He was standing behind me,
towards the passage and he was there
when he raised the fire alarm.”she said
Neighbors in their compound however gave a
different account of what happened. According to
one of them who pleaded anonymity, he said Mr.
Olusegun had arrived at their home in Idolofin
area of Ado Ekiti at about 6pm on that fateful
day to meet his wife who was angry over his
inability to take her out for the valentine
celebration. Neighbours claimed they heard the
couple exchange words before tragedy struck.
"At about midnight, the husband suddenly
ran out from their apartment, calling for
help saying his wife had set him on fire. We
had to rush out to rescue him by quickly
getting water and pouring it on him. But for
the prompt intervention of some of us, he
would have been burnt to death"a neighbor
said.
Olusegun was immediately rushed to the Ekiti
State University Teaching Hospital (EKSUTH),
where he is still receiving treatment. “We also
reported the incident to the Ado Central
Divisional police station from where policemen
came and arrested his wife the day after,” the
neighbour said.
Speaking on the incident, Olusegun's mother,
Mrs. Folake Olusegun, said when she arrived the
hospital, the last thing her son told her before he
passed out was that his wife was angry that he
did not take her out on Val's day. According to
her, “this caused a serious misunderstanding
which made his wife threaten to set him ablaze.
My son said he dared his wife, saying she
couldn’t do that and suddenly she poured petrol
on him and also threw the fire at him.”she said
Bukola, Olusegun's wife is currently still being
held by the Ekiti state police command where
investigations into the matter is still ongoing and
she would soon be charged to court.
Source: Tribune



share buttons

Facebook Twitter Google
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Recommend us on Google Plus
Subscribe me on RSS